Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Journey Home











The journey home was relatively uneventful, despite snow in both Amsterdam and Boston, and numerous gate changes and delays, but we did arrive home on December 20th as arranged...our baggage, five out of six pieces, was another story; those did not arrive until Wednesday. Everything arrived in one piece - except my antique spode teacup and saucer - only the teacup survived; even the Christmas pudding and mistletoe, complete with berries, arrived safely.
The trees in the airport were a wonderful reminder that the Christmas season was in full swing and I treated myself to a delft ornament as featured on these trees.

The Christmas pudding was indeed delicious, accompanied by brandy butter of course; however, I don't think I boiled it long enough.

I was lucky enough to see Santa in the airport, and while he was too busy to give me a ride home, he did see to it that we arrived safely. Something I should be grateful for - since, as of the writing of this entry, the "underwear bomber" has been apprehended and thwarted in his attemtps to bring down a Northwest airlines jet after boarding in Amsterdam. We did indeed fly on a Northwest/Delta jet on our return journey.
We arrived home to snow covered runways, bitter biting wind, a fresh, white blanket of snow, very happy puppies, a clean and warm house, and of course to my favorite guy, Michael.
New England at Christmas ...it's nice to be home for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment