Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Welcome Home!
















So, being a sucker for punishment, fighting the jet lag, I arrived at Northbridge High School bright and early for the 7:25 a.m. bell on Tuesday morning! I just couldn't stay away. Anxious to see my friends and students I was excited to walk through the doors, with Little Coffee Bean brownie toffee jumbo java in hand! (Really, I just did not feel like tackling the four month pile of mail that was awaiting me on the kitchen table! LOL!)


I was overwhelmed with welcome home hugs, cards and goodies from the students and my colleagues. My Alpaca snowman joined a snowman made by Micaela when she was young, on the shelf in my classroom. Photos and memorabilia all were unpacked and reset on my classroom desk. The Holes banner made it to the bulletin board and it felt as if I had never left.

It is good to be home!


Our tree was minimalist this year, as was the pile of gifts from Santa, as the energy to unpack all the Christmas decorations just was not in me. Micaela did a good job with some ribbon, bows and candy canes! Christmas shopping got completed on Christmas Eve, and Mike and I wrapped presents while enjoying some Chinese food.

No comments:

Post a Comment